This recipe is a win-win holiday option! Chicken breast rolls with mushroom filling in spicy onion sauce. yes with a golden cheese crust! It can be served as an independent dish or with your favorite side dish.
Chicken roll with cabbage and eggs
I offer you a recipe for my signature roll, which I prepare when I'm waiting for guests or just for a Sunday dinner for my family, when I want to please my relatives. The products are the most inexpensive, but the roll is very tasty, and you can make it for the holiday.
How to make chicken roll
There are a lot of simple recipes with photos on how to cook chicken rolls. Dishes are prepared for everyday and festive table, can be served as a snack or a separate hot with a side dish. The whole carcass can be used in whole or in some parts - ham, fillet, breast. Roll the roll as tight as possible so that it does not fall apart when baking, fasten with skewers if necessary.
For chicken rolls, a whole bird carcass with skin is suitable. In the case of fillet, chicken, carcass, the meat is slightly beaten to make a thin cake. There should be no bones inside, so use the following step-by-step instructions for handling poultry:
- put the chicken breast up, draw a knife parallel to the keel bone,
- trim the spine, ribs, pelvis, remove the ridge, tail, neck,
- trim the tendons of the wings and thighs, remove the cartilage,
- flatten the chicken carcass completely, cut the breasts along, unfold like books,
- cover the bird with foil, beat it off with a hammer, smooth the surface with cut pieces of meat where the layer thickness is too small.
Chicken roll stuffing
After preparing the meat, spread the filling on the chicken roll. Before this, the base is sprinkled with spices, rubbed with salt. Stuffings in the menu can be:
- vegetables, greens,
- scrambled eggs, raw jerky bacon,
- cheese, mushrooms, ham,
- boiled eggs, spinach,
- fried mushrooms, onions, carrots,
- mashed potatoes with cheese and parsley,
- liver, stewed onions, prunes,
- canned pineapple, cheese,
- boiled egg
- sour cream, spinach, parsley, garlic.
Rolls are wrapped in cling film or foil, trying to do it tightly so that air comes out. The free edges of the film must be tied with thread. Cooking methods vary:
- in the oven - shift the roll into a form, bake for half an hour at 180 degrees,
- chicken rolls in a pan - fasten the edges with toothpicks, fry in a large amount of oil, pepper, simmer for 20 minutes over low heat,
- chicken roll in a slow cooker - put the blanks in a double boiler, pour a few glasses of boiling water, start the “Double boiler” program, hold for 45 minutes,
- cooked-baked roll - cook a strong broth with bay leaves, roots, pepper, cook meat for 40 minutes, cool, cover with glaze from soy sauce and honey, bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
Homemade Chicken Roll Recipe
Among the interesting recipes for cooking meat rolls from chicken meat, the original fillings are distinguished: orange and ginger, ham and green beans, omelet and mushrooms. More simple: ham with cheese, champignons, greens and feta cheese. It is convenient to make any of the cooking options according to the step-by-step recipe that accompanies each dish discussed below.
Stuffed Chicken Breast Rolls
- Time: half an hour.
- Servings Per Container: 2 Persons.
- Calorie content: 250 kcal / 100 g.
- Purpose: for a snack.
- Cuisine: European.
- The complexity of the preparation: medium.
At home, you can please guests at the festive feast with an original breast dish with orange and ground ginger. Sour aroma goes well with spicy spice. A delicious appetizer will cause an appetite, due to the excellent color combination it will look beautiful in a cut form. Garnish the plate with half rings of orange and circles of ginger root when serving.
- chicken breast - 2 pcs.,
- orange - 1 pc.,
- ground ginger - 10 g,
- salt - 2 g
- vegetable oil - 30 ml.
- Rinse the meat, cut in half, beat, salt, grate with ginger.
- Disassemble the orange into slices, peel off the films, put on the base.
- Carefully roll the rolls, fasten the edges with toothpicks. It is allowed to roll pieces in flour and grease with an egg.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Pour a little water, add the remaining orange, simmer under the lid for 15 minutes.
- Time: 1 hour.
- Servings Per Container: 6 Persons.
- Calorie content: 230 kcal / 100 g.
- Destination: for lunch.
- Cuisine: European.
- The complexity of the preparation: medium.
Pieces of chicken roll, which is considered a delicious dish, will decorate any everyday table. Serve it better hot, sprinkled with grated cheese, dill. It goes well with mashed potato filling or jasmine boiled rice. It is better to take fresh champignons, as large as possible, so that they slightly decrease in volume when frying.
- poultry breast - 800 g,
- champignons - 300 g,
- onions - 1 pc.,
- cheese - 50 g
- cream of 20% fat content - 300 ml,
- dill - 3 branches.
- Cut the breast into four parts, beat off, salt, pepper.
- Cut the mushrooms into strips, onions - into cubes, fry until cooked.
- Put the filling on the beaten meat, roll up, put on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour in cream, bake for half an hour at 220 degrees oven.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Chicken roll "unearthly bliss"
Chicken breast in a shell of thin bacon and with a gentle filling, acquires a soft, juicy and aromatic taste. Hot as a full-fledged main course, and in the cold a great snack.
Homemade smoked chicken roll
Among a fairly large number of chicken rolls and rolls, I did not find anything similar, so I can safely share my know-how. Very tasty! I apologize for the quality of the photo - it was at the dacha in the late evening. That is, almost in the "field" :-)
Chicken roll "Ham"
I'm here again with legs. I thought that it’s still possible to create from them. The result was such a chicken ham. Very tender and delicious. It’s good for sandwiches, and for a snack.
Chicken roll "Smart"
Who doesn’t like chicken rolls. And it looks bright on the table, and tasty, and almost dietary, if not for the skin. And what to stuff with, a sea of fantasy. The main meat itself is incredibly tasty. Tasty and tender! And in the spring I already want brightness and elegance.
Chicken roll. Chicken roll - an original chicken dish that will appeal to both adults and children. It brings a pleasant variety to the familiar menu. The roll can be large - in this case, when serving, cut into thin slices. You can also cook small portioned rolls.
Roulade can be cooked like minced chicken, which is better to cook yourself in a meat grinder, or a whole piece of carcass or legs (without bones). Chicken roll stuffed with bacon, mushrooms, scrambled eggs, cheese, sweet pepper and herbs or cooked without filling. In any case, it turns out to be tender and tasty. After the roll is wrapped, it is baked or boiled in water with spices.
When preparing the minced meat roll, put the minced meat on a film, put the selected filling on top, roll the roll, raising the edge of the film to form a beautiful loaf that is not a shame to serve to guests. If you decide to cook a roll of chicken fillet, then the meat must be beaten, salt, pepper and wrap. It’s better to beat off the fillet in a bag so that the pieces do not scatter in all directions. So that the roll does not fall apart, it is wrapped with thread or the edges are fixed with toothpicks.
If you decide to cook a whole carcass roll, you will have to tinker with it (especially with tendons). The meat is salted, rubbed with spices, and then spread the filling. The roll is tied with thread, wrapped in foil or film, and then baked or boiled.
Tip for thrifty housewives - if you cook roll, then from the remaining broth you can cook a delicious vegetable or mushroom soup. For the same purpose, do not throw chicken bones from the carcass. Fold them in the freezer, and at a convenient time cook the fragrant broth.
You can add bay leaf, nutmeg, garlic (fresh or dry), pepper, chives to chicken roll.
The same types of garnish can be served with chicken roll as with stewed or baked chicken. The original design of the roll is on lettuce leaves (portioned pieces or small rolls).
Chicken breast roll with mushrooms
- 450 g finely chopped champignons,
- 150 g of grated semi-hard cheese,
- 3 large chicken breasts,
- salt and ground pepper,
- vegetable oil.
- Each breast is carefully cut into two parts. First grate with salt and pepper, and then beat off well.
- Fry the onion with slices of mushrooms until the two components soften.
- Add cheese and salt to taste.
- Wrap the filling in prepared meat, twisting tight rolls. Tie them with threads so that the structures do not disintegrate during heat treatment.
- Fry the chicken fillet rolls with mushroom filling on hot oil on each side until a crispy crust appears on them.
With gelatin in a bottle
- 3 chicken breasts,
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 10 - 13 peas of black pepper,
- 25 g of gelatin
- 3 tbsp. purified water
- 4 - 5 pcs. leaves of parsley.
- Place washed breasts in a cauldron. Immediately sprinkle them with lavrushka, salt and pepper. Pour food with warm water and send to boil. After boiling the liquid, cook the meat for about 40 minutes. In the process, you need to remove the foam from the surface of the water.
- Remove meat from each breast and divide into fibers. Throw the bones.
- Strain the chicken stock and send high-quality gelatin to it. Leave to swell after thorough mixing for 4 - 5 minutes.
- In a bottle with a wide neck (for example, from milk), pour all the meat removed from the bones at once.
- Pour the chicken into the slightly cooled broth. Stir the contents of the bottle and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- In the morning, carefully cut the plastic and serve the chicken breast roll with gelatin as a cold snack. It is previously convenient to chop it into small pieces.
Cooking with cheese in the oven
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 cream cheese
- 3 dessert spoons of classic mayonnaise,
- 1/3 Art. brackish cheese
- garlic, salt, herbs and spices.
- Turn on the oven in advance to warm up to 190 degrees.
- Rinse and dry the breast. Cut it with a "book", not completely, and expand it. Beat with a hammer, salt and sprinkle with spices.
- For the filling, grate the cream cheese. To make it easier, it must first be frozen. Mix cheese with mayonnaise, mashed garlic and chopped herbs. Add salt if desired.
- Evenly distribute the resulting cheese mass on the meat.
- Roll up the meat base with the filling with a tight roll and fix it with a thread or toothpicks.
- Bake in the oven for 17 to 20 minutes.
- A couple of minutes before being ready, sprinkle the roll with grated hard / semi-hard cheese and wait until it turns into a browned crust.
Marble Chicken Breast
- 750 g chicken
- 30 g of quality gelatin
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves
- spices and coarse salt to taste.
- Finely chop the prepared fillet.
- Pass the garlic through a press and mix with spices. Of the latter, it is best to use French herbs and ground paprika for such a dish.
- Pour chicken with the mixture from the previous step and gelatin. Mix well and transfer the mass to the baking sleeve. In this case, it can be replaced with ordinary foil.
- Put the workpiece in a mold and bake for 45 minutes at 180 ° C.
- Cool the marble roll, cut into portions and serve.
- 2 poultry breasts
- 2 pcs. colored sweet peppers (yellow and red),
- 200 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. l chopped parsley,
- 1 tbsp. l chopped dill,
- 8 slices of raw smoked bacon,
- salt and pepper.
- Cut fillet from bones into thin plates. Each salt, pepper and discard.
- Spread the meat with cream cheese, sprinkle with a mixture of chopped herbs and small pieces of bell peppers.
- Roll up the blanks and cover each with a slice of bacon.
- Put the rolls in a mold greased with any grease. They should be located in the tank tightly to each other.
- Bake chicken breast rolls in bacon for about half an hour at medium temperature.
Foil baked rolls
- 800 g chicken fillet,
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves
- salt and a mixture of spices (thyme, oregano, basil).
- Cut the prepared fillet into slices (about 1 cm) thick.
- Slightly beat meat under cling film.
- Put all the pieces on a piece of foil (oiled) with an overlap. Sprinkle with garlic cubes with salt and a mixture of spices.
- Form a tight roll using foil. Tighten it tightly so that the meat juice does not leak out during the baking process.
- Cook the dish for 40 - 45 minutes at 210 ° C.
- According to the same recipe, you can cook small portioned chicken breast rolls using whole meat layers.
How to cook with spinach
- 3 chicken breasts,
- 250 g fresh spinach
- 2 bow heads,
- 1 egg
- by ½ tbsp. sour cream and olive mayonnaise,
- 2/3 Art. savory Greek yogurt
- salt and spices
- 100 g of cheese already grated
- wheat flour for breading,
- fresh garlic to taste.
- Cut chicken into thin layers and each beat off through the bag. Salt and sprinkle with spices.
- Finely chop the spinach, send it to boiling water for a couple of minutes, then squeeze it out of excess liquid.
- Chop onions, fry with garlic until golden brown and mix with spinach.
- Put the filling from the third step on each meat blank. Sprinkle it with chopped cheese on top. Roll up the rolls and fix them with a toothpick.
- Moisten the workpiece in the egg and roll in the sifted flour.
- First, fry the chicken breast rolls with the filling until golden brown in butter, and then send them to bake in the oven. In this case, the meat in a heat-resistant form must be poured with a mixture of sour cream, mayonnaise, yogurt and garlic. Bake a quarter of an hour.
Dietary Chicken Breast Roll
- 550 g chicken
- parsley leaves and fresh garlic,
- salt and pepper mixture,
- 2 tomatoes.
- Cut a large fillet "book" and expand. Salt, sprinkle with a mixture of peppers and beat off.
- Top with chopped parsley, chopped garlic and tomato cubes.
- Roll the meat roll, dress it with a thread and cover with foil.
- Send the workpiece to the double boiler for 1 hour.
- Cool the roll, cut into large pieces and serve with vegetable salad for dinner.
With potatoes, cheese and parsley
- 2 pcs. fillet,
- 450 g of potatoes
- 1 egg
- 250 g of hard cheese
- fresh greens
- classic mayonnaise
- salt and spices
- fresh garlic
- 1 onion,
- 1.5 tbsp. oily sour cream.
- Cut the potato into large pieces and fry until golden brown in a pan with heated oil. Separate the onions until golden.
- Cut the fillet with “books”, not completely. Expand, sprinkle with salt and lightly discourage.
- Mix a small amount of mayonnaise with spices and spread meat on them. Leave them in this form for half an hour.
- Rub the cheese coarsely, mix with yolk and salt, add a little mashed fresh garlic.
- Arrange the filling on the meat bases, wrap them with rolls and fix with threads.
- Fry until golden and half-cooked, put in a baking dish.
- To the rolls send fried potatoes.
- Mix sour cream with mashed garlic, cooled onions and chopped herbs. To salt.
- Pour over potatoes and rolls with sauce and pour grated cheese on top.
- Bake the treat until cooked at 190 ° C.
Cheese and Pineapple Appetizer
- 700 g chicken breast
- 150 g canned pineapple,
- 100 g of "Russian" cheese,
- 1 tbsp. l table mustard
- Rinse each breast and cut in half along the fibers. Beat off with a special hammer, previously covered with cling film.
- Lubricate each meat blank with table mustard and salt.
- Arrange the grated cheese and pieces of canned fruit on the basics.
- Roll the chops into rolls, tie them with a thread and put them in a baking dish.
- Cook the treat for 35 minutes at 180 - 185 ° C.
Chicken rolls with crab sticks
- ½ kilo chicken fillet,
- 250 g crab sticks
- 100 g cream cheese
- 2 chicken eggs
- 2 tbsp. l flour
- 4 tbsp. l breadcrumbs for breading,
- 1/3 tsp salt
- vegetable oil.
- Cut the fillet into thin slices, beat them lightly and sprinkle with salt.
- Frozen cream cheese and grate coarsely. Beat eggs with salt.
- Pour breadcrumbs onto a separate plate.
- Cut crab sticks into large sticks.
- Sprinkle each meat plate with cream cheese. Lay out a few sticks of crab sticks on top.
- Wrap meat stuffed with roll.
- Roll each billet first in flour, then in beaten egg mixture and, finally, in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in a skillet until cooked and brown.
With prune filling
- 2 chicken breasts,
- 70 g smoked prunes,
- 1 tbsp. l classic mayonnaise
- a mixture of spicy dried herbs,
- vegetable oil,
- Rinse the breasts thoroughly, remove all films from them.
- Put each one on the table and beat it off well. Grate with salt and a mixture of spicy dried herbs.
- Rinse and soak the prunes in warm water for a quarter of an hour. Then cut into halves.
- Brush the breasts with mayonnaise and put dried fruit slices on them.
- Wrap neat tight rolls. If necessary, fasten them with thread or toothpicks.
- Fry chicken rolls on a large amount of heated oil until golden and ready.