You can create a shining Hollywood smile even without special expenses, efforts and even avoiding going to the dentist. To do this, there is a teeth whitening at home. Let's try to choose the best method from all available.
Nobody likes to visit a doctor and if there is an opportunity to bypass the dental office, why not take advantage of this? Professional whitening is effective, but expensive and does not suit everyone. He has many contraindications and side effects. But at home, everyone can try the recipes and choose the best one for themselves.
The most common soda can be an assistant on the way to a snow-white smile. Its abrasive properties can clean the tooth surface as thoroughly as some dental procedures. Is it worth mentioning that even with one of these professional methods of lightening the shade of enamel, a stream of water, soda and air is used? Which one of them is the best way to whiten teeth is hard to say. But in home use, this procedure becomes cheap and affordable.
Soda affects the cleaning of enamel from age spots and plaque. There are several recipes on how to use it wisely and effectively, we will describe them in more detail.
Mix soda with drinking water. There should be little liquid, the consistency is obtained as in a paste. With this composition and brushing your teeth, you should not swallow it. Let it act on the enamel for about ten minutes and rinse with warm water. After some time, you can do a regular toothpaste brushing. Use such a tool preferably not more than once a week.
If you add soda to the paste you are using, the procedure will take less time. It is enough to clean the enamel surface with a mixture of ordinary means and soda and rinse it. This method is less aggressive and is applicable several times a week.
When hydrogen peroxide is added, the effect becomes more like dental whitening. After all, this ingredient is part of most special gels used in the doctor’s office. Use this component very carefully.
A tablespoon of peroxide should be diluted in half a glass of drinking water. Brush your teeth in the usual way. Then lower the brush into a glass with a solution and sprinkle it with soda. The enamel surface is treated with this composition without rubbing much. After the procedure, you need to thoroughly rinse your mouth with the remaining solution, and at the very end with water. This method can be applied strictly no more than one week per month, in order to avoid damage to the enamel.
Since peroxide is an aggressive oxidizing agent, and soda is an abrasive substance, their combination will be quite effective in bleaching. And in order not to harm the health of the dentition, one should adhere to some rules:
- The brush is selected soft.
- No need to press hard during cleaning; movements should be gentle and light.
- Avoid a lengthy procedure, reduce it to five minutes.
- Do not use this product too often.
- At the first signs of tooth sensitivity, refuse to carry out the procedure.
Why teeth turn yellow
The teeth change color, become yellow or brown due to stains that occur both on the surface of the teeth (enamel) and deep in the structure of the tooth.
Under the surface of the enamel is a beige substance, dentin, which becomes visible when the enamel becomes thinner. Enamel erosion occurs due to the loss of hard tooth tissue that has been removed from the surface of the tooth.
Although you should not expect your teeth to remain shiny and white until old age, many factors accelerate discoloration of the teeth.
Here are a few reasons why your teeth turn yellow, beige or brown.:
· Coffee and tea consumption
· Thinning of tooth enamel due to age
· Nutrition: this includes the consumption of a large number of high-acid foods, including sugary drinks, sweets, and some fruits.
Dry mouth (lack of saliva means less protection for enamel)
· Breathing through the mouth and nasal congestion. This reduces the amount of saliva and interferes with hydration of the teeth.
Excessive Fluoride Intake
Safe whitening - myth or reality?
Your teeth are what people notice when they meet or meet in moments of communication. A beautiful smile attracts, creates a good mood and friendly relations. However, many people hide their teeth because they are embarrassed by their pigmentation, an ugly shade. In such cases, whitening can come to the rescue, which is effectively carried out in dental offices or at home. But here is what worries many: is there a safe teeth whitening that will keep the enamel in perfect order and not violate its integrity? Let's understand this issue together.
Why tooth enamel changes color
This process is based on completely physiological reasons. A constant load on the chewing apparatus leads to a gradual thinning of the enamel, which significantly affects its protective properties. Enamel is gradually becoming more susceptible to various coloring substances contained in food. This process is especially noticeable with regular use of tea and coffee, in smokers.
Over time, it becomes clear that even regular use of hygienic pastes is not effective enough, and you have to think about how to whiten your teeth at home and, preferably, safely.
Teeth whitening methods at home
If you decide to improve the color of your teeth yourself, then pay attention to folk methods.
For example, soda not only cleans the enamel surface well, but also disinfects the oral cavity. There are several ways to use it:
- Wet a wet toothbrush in soda and brush your teeth,
- dip in water and squeeze a napkin from gauze, and then apply soda to it, wipe the enamel.
This mechanical method allows you to remove a yellowish coating from the surface. You can not carry out the procedure more than once every two to three weeks. Because the instant effect with increased use will lead to the erasure and destruction of enamel. Gums will be injured. Eating will be quite painful and unpleasant.
Cheap and dangerous - hydrogen peroxide whitening!
Despite the popularity and accessibility of this method, it is unsafe for health. After all, everyone taught chemistry at school, but how many people realize that the active connection of two oxygen molecules and the same amount of hydrogen, getting into the oral cavity, begins to actively affect its tissues. Therefore, with improper use, burns of the mucous membranes of the cheeks, palate, tongue, and gums are possible.
The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- first brush your teeth with regular toothpaste and rinse your mouth thoroughly,
- in half a glass of water add half a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide (3%),
- rinse your mouth with this mixture, avoiding swallowing,
- moisten a cotton swab in solution and wipe each jaw on both sides without touching the gums,
- rinse thoroughly with water (preferably warm) mouth.
You can combine peroxide with soda. The effect will be noticeable. But often it is not worth using a similar method, so that the procedure is without harm to the enamel. Once every ten days is an acceptable option. Do not use for people with sensitive or damaged gums, diseases of the gastric tract.
Lemon juice has a complex effect on enamel: breaks down plaque, strengthens gums, freshens breath and has a pronounced whitening effect.
There are a very large number of recipes for the effect of whitening enamel at home using lemon. In order of increasing efficiency, the following methods are applied:
- Lemon zest. Rubbing the teeth with the inside of the lemon peel helps to brighten the enamel, while having a very soft and gentle effect.
- Lemon rinse aid. For this method, you will need a solution containing 3 parts of lemon juice and 1 part of fine salt. With this composition, it is necessary to rinse the teeth after standard hygiene procedures. The use of such a conditioner is allowed 2-3 times a week and gradually leads to a change in the color of enamel to lighter shades.
- An elementary way is chewing a lemon wedge. Such a manipulation is suitable for lovers of this sour fruit. The method is gentle, but it still has an effect. The downside is the uneven effect of lemon juice on the teeth.
- Pure lemon juice. Freshly squeezed lemon juice must be applied to the enamel with a swab. After the procedure, the mouth must be rinsed with water.
- For a more effective effect, you can treat your teeth with a slice of lemon and hold for 5 minutes. At the end of the procedure, rinse the mouth thoroughly with warm water. For some time after the procedure, brushing your teeth is not recommended.
- Even more effective is a lotion or application made from the pulp of a lemon. To do this, remove the peel, lintels and seeds from the fruit. The lemon pulp is crushed to a state of gruel and applied to the teeth. The exposure time should not exceed 5 minutes, at the end of which the remaining lemon must be thoroughly rinsed with water. In this case, it is also not recommended to use a brush and paste.
- The most effective way is to combine lemon with baking soda. These two components enhance each other's whitening properties. To do this, a few drops of lemon are added to baking soda before the onset of the chemical reaction. Then the substances are mixed to a mushy consistency and applied to the toothbrush. Teeth should be cleaned and blotted with a napkin. The procedure for brushing your teeth with this mixture should be carried out as delicately as possible. The tool can also be left on the teeth for an additional effect for one minute. Then its remains are thoroughly washed with warm water.
Choosing one of the listed methods it is necessary to understand that the more effective the technique, the greater the negative impact it can have on the teeth. Citric acid with excessive use can lead to thinning of enamel and increased sensitivity. You can reduce the risk of side effects by following these recommendations:
- Before bleaching, you need to brush your teeth with regular toothpaste.
- Before the procedure and a few days after you should discard products containing coloring pigments.
- The pronounced effect causes the temptation to repeat the whitening again, however, it is worthwhile to strictly follow the recommendations and not get involved in too frequent procedures.
- If signs of sensitivity appear, lemon whitening should be discarded.
Tea Tree Oil Extract
Tea tree oil has long established itself as an assistant in solving many cosmetic problems. The tool is used to treat skin, hair, nails, and is also used to brighten tooth enamel. There are several recipes that include this component, but all of them have a restriction on their use - no more than 2 times a week:
- Mouthwash. Five drops of tea tree oil are added to half a glass of warm water. This solution should rinse your teeth after each brushing.If you treat your teeth with a compound and before using a toothbrush, then plaque will be removed much easier.
- Oil can be applied to the toothbrush in its pure form and additionally treat the surface of the teeth after hygiene procedures. After this, the mouth must be thoroughly rinsed with warm water, and also rinse the toothbrush from the remnants of the product.
- A similar method is to apply tea tree oil on a cotton pad. Each tooth is carefully rubbed with such a swab, which can cause a feeling of slight numbness. To rinse your mouth after the procedure, a weak solution of vinegar or lemon juice is suitable, which can enhance the effect.
Malic acid or vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a very effective and at the same time quite aggressive component. It should be used with caution, strictly adhering to the recommendations on the implementation of procedures and their frequency. Neglect of precautionary measures can lead to a violation of the enamel structure to such an extent that professional treatment is required.
The use of vinegar as a rinse promotes a noticeable clarification of the teeth, although such a rinse is unlikely to taste good. In no case should you swallow vinegar. After the procedure, you must spit it out and rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
From the outside it may seem strange that the product in black may have a whitening effect.
Attention! The principle of coal is the cleaning property of potassium hydroxide. This substance, having a crystalline structure, polishes and brightens tooth enamel qualitatively. Moreover, such qualities are inherent not only in a pharmaceutical preparation, but also in any natural coal obtained in a variety of ways.
But, of course, it is most convenient to purchase activated carbon in a pharmacy, especially since the price of it is available for every wallet.
To get the whitening effect from this drug, you can use the following recipes:
- The activated carbon tablet needs to be crushed into powder and add a little warm water to it. It will turn out a black mushy mixture, which must be applied to the brush and brush your teeth in the usual way. After using coal, rinse your mouth and rinse your toothbrush. Then, if necessary, you can use toothpaste.
- For ease of use, you can sprinkle your usual paste with coal powder and brush your teeth with a brush. The combination of paste and activated carbon will help to achieve perfect tooth cleanliness.
- Lemon juice can also be added to coal powder. This provides an enhanced effect. The resulting consistency should be convenient for applying to teeth and carrying out a cleaning procedure for which you can use a toothbrush. This method must be used very carefully, listening to your own feelings, so as not to cause damage to the tooth enamel.
Why teeth darken
- Neglect of the rules of care and hygiene of the oral cavity. Inadequate toothbrushing, too hard a toothbrush that does not remove all existing plaque, and if you miss part of the plaque on one tooth, it will also be affected by two neighboring bacteria on both sides.
- Caries. Unfortunately, we come across this concept in childhood, when we eat chocolate products in unlimited quantities, and we transfer this problem to our adult life. 80% of the population live with caries, it can feel great and develop under fillings, which we don’t even know about, and as a result it leads to decay, tooth extraction.
- Frequent use of coffee, red wine, black tea, juices, soda water containing dyes.Of course, you should not completely deny yourself your favorite drinks, but simply reduce the number and frequency of meals, and also, if possible, brush your teeth or use chewing gum after each cup of coffee.
- Smoking is a very addictive habit for tooth color. Tobacco resins are deposited on enamel, in connection with which, its shade becomes not just yellow, but saturated brown and a peculiar, unpleasant odor from the mouth appears.
- Long-term use of an antibiotic, in particular the Tetracycline series, it is very dangerous for teeth, it quickly provokes the appearance of dark, almost black spots, which are almost impossible to get rid of even by professional methods.
- A tooth injury, in which a rupture of the vascular - nerve bundle of fibers occurred, triggers of this can also become neglected caries or pulpitis.
- Fluorosis - a serious disease associated with excess fluoride in drinking water, can not only affect the color of enamel, but also lead to complete or partial loss of teeth.
- Food with a lack of calcium in foods, or its complete absence (relevant for quick snacks with sandwiches, junk food). In this case, you need to take special, complex vitamins with enough Ca.
- Incorrectly selected toothpaste and brush stiffness. Many people think that if you constantly use whitening paste, your teeth will be white, but this is a myth, dentists recommend using such a paste 1-3 times a week, not more often, otherwise your natural, protective enamel will be worn off. Regarding the brush, it should be of medium softness or extremely soft, so as not to injure the gums and cause bleeding and inflammation, which in turn also affect a number of factors that cause darkening of the teeth.
Causes of yellowness on tooth enamel
Whitening your teeth yourself, it is worthwhile to determine why they darkened. Possible reasons:
1). It was inherited.
2). The systematic use of products with coloring matter.
3). Nicotine and other substances when smoking.
4). Not constant and improper brushing.
5). The tooth surface darkens with age.
6). Adverse environmental conditions of the city.
7). Some diseases and medications also affect the color of enamel.
Such an exotic ingredient is one of the best for preserving youth and health. It is used when you need a soft and high-quality detoxification of the body. A similar effect goes on the tooth surface. From its effects, the enamel is cleaned of pathogenic bacteria, plaque, and breathing freshens. Lauric acid, which is found in huge quantities in coconut oil, can prevent tooth decay and other diseases of the oral cavity.
The effect of this oil is compared with the therapeutic drug chlorhexidine, often used in dentistry and not only. But this is a natural product. There are several ways to use it at home for healing teeth and enamel brightening:
- It is enough to take a spoonful of oil and hold in your mouth until it becomes more liquid from body temperature. Rinse their teeth for 10-15 minutes. Swallowing is not recommended, since during this time it managed to absorb all the bacteria from the oral cavity, so it is better to spit it out after the procedure. Rinse the oil from the teeth with hot water to remove all its residues from the surface.
- By combining coconut oil and soda, you can make a paste-like composition. We brush our teeth with this tool or simply apply to their surface. We leave this mixture on enamel for 20 minutes, after which it is well cleaned and washed.
- You can drip a little oil on a soft cloth and rub it into the surface of each tooth.
How to whiten your teeth at home
Proceeding to any procedure for changing the color of enamel, in no case should you forget about caution.The inept use of folk remedies in attempts to whiten teeth at home will quickly lead to such damage that not every dentist can cope with the consequences.
Adhering to the following recommendations, you can safely change the color of enamel using almost any recipe:
- Any lightening manipulations are carried out only on healthy teeth. The presence of dental diseases is a contraindication, even caries in the initial stage must first be cured by a dentist.
- It is not allowed to get bleaching reagents on the mucous membranes of the tongue or gums. Otherwise, burns are possible.
- It is permissible to use only one type of procedure. When whitening teeth, many are tempted to use several methods at home - without harm to enamel, you can not do here. Therefore, stop should be only one way.
- It is necessary to change the diet. After any procedure, it is necessary to exclude coffee, tea, wine, dark types of berries from the diet: blackcurrant, mountain ash, in order to avoid the reappearance of plaque and darkening of enamel.
Why there is a plaque and an ugly shade
The teeth acquire a yellow, beige or brown shade due to the formation of pigmented plaque on the enamel surface. There are a large number of factors that negatively affect the change in the natural shade:
- violation of oral hygiene: the lack of daily brushing or improper carrying out of teeth leads to the accumulation and mineralization of dental deposits, consisting of tiny particles of food, bacteria, saliva, dead cells,
- the habit of drinking coffee drinks, red wine and tea in large quantities: the surface of the tooth enamel is porous. In addition, over time, microcracks form on it, into which plaque and pigment from coloring food products penetrate,
- smoking: tobacco affects enamel and leaves a grayish tint on it,
- diseases: chronic processes in the body can affect the shade of enamel - diabetes, impaired functioning of the liver, gall bladder, stomach, thyroid gland. Dental problems can also have an effect: extensive caries, fluorosis, enamel hypoplasia,
- malocclusion: this situation again leads to the inability to carry out hygienic dental care in a quality manner, therefore a plaque appears on them,
- drug use: these are antibiotics, in particular, drugs of the tetracycline group, which give the enamel an unpleasant yellow or even brown tint.
Important! Many factors that accelerate the change in the shade of enamel are bad habits, getting rid of which a person can significantly improve his condition and maintain the result of bleaching procedures at a high level.
Sometimes yellowness is a hereditary factor, then it manifests itself immediately when teething, and not during life. But scientists say: if you inherited yellowish teeth, then you should not worry, just the composition of your dentin is rich in minerals. The only caveat is to bleach the enamel in this case, even with the help of professional manipulations, it will be very difficult and most likely you will have to prosthetize with veneers or lumineers.
How to whiten teeth with folk remedies
Soda has abrasive substances in the composition, thanks to this it perfectly cleans various surfaces and equipment in our house. Regarding teeth, baking soda destroys pigments and stains on enamel, and also removes plaque without a trace.
Recipe number 1
Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda with a spoon of water, stir well until smooth, brush the mixture on the teeth, leaving for 1-2 minutes, then rinse the mouth with water well.
Recipe number 2
Add a pinch of soda to toothpaste and brush your teeth in the usual way.
The method works well, the result is noticeable immediately, but it can be used no more than once every 7 days, since, in addition to plaque, the enamel itself is also cleaned, as a result of which it is significantly thinner.
Strawberries are considered a controversial tooth whitener. And yet it is used as part of some recipes. Although it has coloring pigments, the presence of salicylic and malic acid, vitamin C and other enzymes contribute to its whitening properties. Imagine some recipes based on this colorful summer berry:
- Take a medium-sized strawberry and cut it in half. Thoroughly rub the halves on the tooth surface, leaving it in this state for five or ten minutes. It remains only to brush your teeth as usual and rinse with warm water. Berry should be used no more than twice a week.
- Kneading strawberries and mixing it with soda, you can clean the surface of the enamel or leave this scrub for five minutes. After using the berry, it is necessary to treat the teeth with regular paste, it is desirable that it has a high fluoride content.
- The best way to whiten teeth at home based on strawberries is to knead a scrub from mashed berries, baking soda and sea salt. True, there are some precautions to follow. The salt should be very fine, the brush soft, and the movements neat. If the sensitivity of enamel increases, then the use of salt in a scrub will have to be abandoned. For one procedure, take a pinch of salt, half a teaspoon of baking soda and 1-3 berries of strawberries.
When using strawberries, you should definitely take fluoride-containing toothpaste so that it resists the destructive effect of acid on the enamel structure. Keeping on the surface any berry product for more than five minutes is not recommended.
1. Teeth whitening soda
Baking soda has a light abrasive property. This abrasiveness helps to remove stains and plaque from the teeth and whiten them. And all this can be done in a few minutes.
· Dry your teeth with a towel. Wet the toothbrush, dip it in soda and brush your teeth as usual. You need to brush your teeth for 3 minutes.
· You can use baking soda with regular toothpaste to brush your teeth.
· Also you can withmix a small amount of baking soda with hydrogen peroxideto make a paste and use it for brushing your teeth.
Professional whitening in dentistry
Cabinet procedures can achieve the effect in just one visit to the doctor and lighten the enamel, depending on the selected technique, from 8 to 12 tones.
It will be useful for you to find out that before undergoing professional teeth whitening procedures, dentists insist on occupational hygiene of the oral cavity using ultrasound and Air Flow. This manipulation removes plaque and stone, all deposits that may impede the achievement of the desired result. Also, at its completion, enamel is strengthened with a special fluorinated composition - this is important for its protection, resistance to external factors, strengthening, resistance to chemical components of bleaching compositions. In general, the procedure allows you to responsibly approach directly to the whitening itself, to make it as gentle and safe as possible. In addition, it has a brightening effect - with its help you can improve the color of teeth by 1-2 shades, remove coffee and tobacco pigment.
This result is quite enough for many patients in order to maintain their teeth in order and maintain a natural color. But those who want to get a Hollywood smile need to go further and choose one of the whitening options: photo— (for example, Zoom or Amazing White), laser or chemical whitening. In fact, for most techniques today, chemical compositions are used, which include hydrogen peroxide in one or another concentration (from 15 to 35%) - the active substance can be activated by light, heat or using a chemical component.
Attention! In ancient times, people sometimes had to sacrifice their health for the beauty of their teeth.So, the practice of enamel bleaching began about 4000 years ago with the ancient Egyptians who created a whitening paste using ground pumice mixed with wine vinegar - the composition was highly abrasive and damaged the integrity of the enamel. During the 17th century, people completely relied on their hairdressers who used acid, which led to serious consequences in the future. Today, innovations in the field of dentistry allow for effective and safe tooth whitening.
Recipe number 1
Dilute 1 part of peroxide with 10 parts of boiled water, and use to rinse after standard toothpaste cleaning.
Recipe number 2
Moisten a cotton pad in 3% hydrogen peroxide and gently wipe the surface of the teeth, being careful not to touch the tongue and palate.
The course of such whitening in both the first and second cases consists of 14 days, after which you must definitely take a break for 2-3 weeks, so as not to damage the natural enamel.
Whitening strips: what effect is expected?
Teeth whitening strips with bleach applied to them are sold in pharmacies. They need to be glued to the teeth twice during the day. Duration - from five to twenty minutes. Strips are popular because anyone can handle the instructions. Plus - a delicate effect on the enamel.
You can choose one of the types for application:
- for sensitive enamel.
Having eaten a banana, do not rush to throw away the peel from it. Indeed, in this part there is a large number of vitamins and minerals useful for teeth, capable of keeping them in perfect purity, healthy and snow-white. The most valuable in this method is absolute harmlessness, so it can be used as often as you like.
To maintain a light shade of enamel and to clear it of plaque, you need to take a peel of a banana and rub the surface of the teeth with the inside. The duration of the procedure is 2-3 minutes. Then just rinse them with clean water.
2. Teeth whitening with soda and foil
There is another recipe for teeth whitening using soda and aluminum foil, which promises results in a few days.
· Take a small amount of baking soda and toothpaste and mix them.
· Take a piece of aluminum foil and fold along the length and width of the teeth.
· Put the paste on the foil and wrap the teeth with foil
· Leave the foil with the paste for 1 hour.
· Then remove the foil and rinse the mixture with water.
Remember: Baking soda can erase the protective enamel of the teeth, so this method can be used 1-2 times a week.
Method number 1: teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is the basis of most of the finished gels used to whiten enamel. Peroxide allows you to successfully whiten your teeth at home without the use of expensive finished products. To remove yellow plaque on the teeth with peroxide, two methods are used: rubbing and rinsing. Brush your teeth like this:
- soak a cotton swab in a solution of hydrogen peroxide,
- rub your teeth several times with a cotton swab,
- rinse your mouth with water.
To rinse, take a third of a glass of water, add 25 drops of the finished pharmacy peroxide (3%) to it. After peroxide, rinse your mouth with clean water. In bleaching with hydrogen peroxide, rinsing with clean water is a mandatory end to the procedure.
The theoretical basis of hydrogen peroxide bleaching
Teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide is the most famous and effective way. Peroxide provides a double action: cleans plaque and discolors enamel. By chemical composition, it is water having an additional oxygen atom (Н2О2 or Н2О + О). In bleaching with hydrogen peroxide, the main effect is free oxygen. It easily interacts with atoms of other substances and oxidizes them. Atomic oxygen ensures the death of pyogenic bacteria and toxins of various origins.Therefore, the peroxide substance is known for its oxidative and antibacterial effects.
Teeth whitening with peroxide is the basis of exposure to most dental gels used to brighten enamel. In clinical bleaching with hydrogen peroxide, a concentrated peroxide solution (up to 38%) is used. This percentage of concentrate allows you to get enamel clarification of up to 15 tones. In teeth whitening by home methods, a weaker solution is used - up to 10%. Therefore, the amount of home whitening does not exceed 8 tones.
Why dental whitening is the safest
This choice is the safest for several reasons:
- preparation: a professional doctor will not conduct a whitening procedure for you until he is convinced of the health of the oral cavity and rules out contraindications - hypersensitivity and fragility of enamel, an allergy to the composition of the drug, the presence of caries and extensive fillings, old fillings. The specialist will also give recommendations on how to eat before the bleaching procedure, what pastes you need to use additionally to restore the enamel - it is advisable to take a course of strengthening it 2-3 weeks before the cabinet procedure,
- the doctor determines the concentration of the substance: based on the condition of your teeth, the doctor will select the right dosage, which you can never do on your own - at home you can go too far, apply components that are not suitable for your individual reaction or incorrectly combine them, upset the proportions and worsen the situation even more, cause harm health.
Strong remedies - gels and varnishes!
Gels for the teeth whitening procedure are produced in two types: in liquid and solid (mouthguards) conditions. Their compositions are considered more aggressive, respectively, and more productive and faster.
Liquid mixtures are applied with a brush, which is in the package. Gel should stiffen on teeth. Dissolves with saliva. The procedure time is prescribed in the instructions. The course is about 16-18 days. Carefully study the composition, as it may contain acids that will aggravate the sensitivity of tooth enamel. Long-term effects should not be expected.
Mouthguards receive in the form of molds from the jaws. They are made by dentists. Then, internally lubricated with gel for the desired whitening. Depending on the concentration of the composition (from 30 to 10% hydrogen peroxide) they are kept on tooth enamel for twenty minutes to eight hours. Often a gel with a small amount of peroxide is used at night.
The visual effect is noticeable after the first use. In four weeks, a smile can be whitened in several tones, due to the fact that the mouth guards fit tightly and do not leave uneven gaps.
Such teeth whitening at home is best done in consultation with a doctor so that hydrogen peroxide does not lead to inflammatory processes in the gums.
User reviews suggest that advertised varnishes for instant whiteness of teeth, often of poor quality (what is the smell of acetone itself!). They do not hold well, do not dry out for a long time, you should not expect a special result. Moreover, there is a big risk of deep damage to the enamel.
Lemon or lemon juice
The effect of lemon juice on the tooth surface is multifaceted. It cleanses plaque, removes stone, strengthens gums, freshens breath and effectively whitens. But this affordable remedy should be used very carefully, because the increased acidity of lemon juice is very aggressive and enamel can be damaged by its effect, becoming too sensitive and thin. We immediately highlight the rules for using lemon or juice from it in order to avoid negative consequences:
- Shortly before the procedure, as well as some time after it, eliminate the consumption of colored drinks and food. Weakened enamel can easily stain and you will get the opposite effect.
- Before whitening, it is better to brush your teeth with a regular toothpaste.
- Do not get carried away with this procedure, although its result will be distinct and noticeable. The effect of citric acid on enamel should be no more than once a week, and even better - for ten days.
- With any signs of gum inflammation, the appearance of sensitivity to hot and cold, the use of lemon in bleaching procedures should be abandoned.
We describe several recipes, as their effectiveness increases. The latter is considered the best way to whiten teeth at home with a lemon, but it is recommended to use it only for those people who have enamel thick and strong enough.
- The most gentle way is to use the zest. It has much less acid, but a whitening effect is present. At the same time, they complete the procedure with its internal part. The tooth surface is rubbed with lemon peel and left for a maximum of five minutes. At this time, it is best to keep your mouth open for fresh air to access the enamel. After the procedure, it is enough to rinse it with warm water.
- You can make a rinse of lemon and salt. Salt should be very fine. This tool will gradually bleach the enamel without damaging it, and also contribute to fresh breath. To do this, take lemon juice and salt in a ratio of 3: 1. After standard brushing, you can rinse. It is recommended to use the product no more than two to three times a week.
- A simple way to whiten with a lemon is to chew it. True, with this method it is impossible to control the uniformity of exposure.
- Take a small amount of fresh lemon juice and use it to process your teeth. After that, be sure to thoroughly rinse their surface with water.
- For the best effect, take a whole slice of lemon, and rub it into each tooth. The juice is left to act for five minutes, not longer. Or just put a slice in your mouth, hold it in your jaw and hold the same amount of time. At the end of the procedure, it is necessary to rinse the oral cavity well. Do not use toothpaste immediately after the procedure.
- Quite aggressive, but effective way, even with a difficult raid - lotions. The pulp of the lemon itself is chosen, without pits and jumpers, it is well kneaded. This slurry is applied to the surface of the enamel and kept with an open mouth for no longer than five minutes. In the end, you must necessarily rinse your teeth very well. Using a brush or paste for this is not recommended.
- The maximum effect will be obtained if you combine lemon juice and baking soda. By enhancing each other’s effects, they help achieve an amazing whitening result. By adding juice to the soda, it will foam, as a chemical reaction of these two ingredients occurs. After that, you can safely mix them to the consistency of toothpaste. Before applying the product on enamel, it should be cleaned with a cloth, completely draining the surface. By applying such a created paste to a soft brush, each tooth is cleaned with light movements. To enhance the result, you can leave the product for one minute, but not longer. After that, you must rinse the entire tooth surface with clean drinking water.
Remember, the more aggressive the composition of the whitening agent, the more carefully it should be used so as not to destroy the enamel and not harm the health of the teeth.
3. Teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide has whitening properties. It oxidizes the organic matrix under tooth enamel, brightening it. This does not cause significant changes in tooth enamel and is an absolutely safe method for quick tooth whitening. The only thing to remember is not to swallow peroxide.
· Take a solution of hydrogen peroxide and pour it into a small container, pat a clean cloth from the cloth in this liquid and gently brush your teeth with a wet cloth.
· You can also wet your toothbrush in a peroxide solution and use it to brush your teeth.
Remember: Prolonged exposure to hydrogen peroxide can damage the tissues of the oral cavity.
White pencil - white teeth!
Enamel whitening pencils look like a tube of lipstick or a ballpoint pen. Since women used them at first, the shape of pencils resembled a bottle of mascara or a tube of lipstick.
When they gained popularity among men, the developers proposed an option in the form of a fountain pen. Such a bleach is always convenient to keep at hand.
Consists of a pencil of hydrogen peroxide (5–10%) or carbamide peroxide. The action is gentle if the concentration of peroxide is low. Pay attention to the composition, because if the amount of this substance is greater, then the teeth will whiten better and faster, but enamel will certainly suffer.
You can use a pencil 2-3 times a day. Available at any time, the venue (home, work) does not play a role.
Home whitening methods
If visiting the dentist for any reason does not suit you, the following actions will come to the rescue:
- brush your teeth efficiently and regularly: this is the safest way to keep the enamel clean and to prevent the appearance of a large number of deposits that damage the appearance of the enamel. You need to make a habit of brushing your teeth twice a day in the morning and in the evening. However, do not use bleaching pastes with a high content of abrasive substances on an ongoing basis - they can be used only in courses, not longer than 1 month in a row,
- use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide: these substances, of course, are in every home. They are excellent helpers not only in the household, but also in the struggle for a snow-white smile. Mix a little hydrogen peroxide with the same volume of table soda, you get a paste that easily removes unwanted deposits. But here be extremely careful: the composition can not rub your teeth and exert a strong mechanical impact, so as not to damage them. It can also be dangerous for the mucosa - you can use this bleaching procedure once a month, the retention time - no more than 3 minutes. Then be sure to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water,
- coconut oil: with it you can carry out the safest teeth whitening yourself. Conducted experiments prove that coconut oil can whiten and improve the oral cavity. Just put a spoonful of oil in your mouth, and then rub your tongue into the surface of your teeth and gums. You can add three to four drops to the brush during daily hygiene procedures,
- open apple cider vinegar from a new perspective: this tool is a natural antibiotic, in addition, it perfectly cleans tooth enamel from yellow plaque and gray-brown spots. It contains macro- and microelements that kill harmful bacteria and normalize the microflora of the oral cavity. Using a finger or a soft rubber brush, rub a small amount of the substance into the surface of the teeth, wait a few minutes and rinse your mouth with water. Get rid of the remains of vinegar very carefully, otherwise you can burn the mucous membrane,
- berries: even foreign stars whiten their teeth with berries such as strawberries. For example, model, actress and TV presenter Tyra Banks demonstrated this trick in one of the seasons of her show. She kneaded five medium strawberries and rubbed the mixture over the entire surface of the enamel, and then washed it well. The result pleasantly surprised everyone. Berries contain many useful compounds that can heal and whiten enamel.
“I didn’t want to pay a lot of money and go to whiten my teeth to the doctor, so I searched the Internet for a long time about whether there is a universal, safest and most effective way to whiten teeth. And I came across an option with activated carbon.I do this: I moisten a toothbrush with charcoal or mix it with a paste. I brush my teeth with the usual movements, paying a little more attention to the most painted areas. I gargle with my mouth so that the saliva ceases to be black. The whitening effect will be clearly visible if the procedure is carried out 4-6 times a month, but obviously no more. But one thing - lately I began to notice that a lot of cracks appeared on the enamel. Now I’m wondering what to do next and is it really impossible to safely solve this problem without visiting a doctor? ”
Karinochka Ts., A fragment from correspondence on the forum woman.ru
There are also a number of food products, the regular use of which will help to create snow-white and hard tooth enamel for many years. They can easily be found in chain stores or farmer's markets: yogurt and raw milk, green vegetables, celery, sour apples or pears, eggs, walnuts and almonds. Solid vegetables and fruits must also be present in your diet, because they do an excellent job with deposits and plaque. Perhaps proper nutrition is the most important help in making your teeth healthy and clean.
As for the safety of moderate whitening at home, here many dentists will doubt this: the procedures are suitable only for people with very strong and naturally healthy enamel, but also provided that the selected components, dosage, and exposure time are suitable for individual characteristics person. It is worth remembering that the best way to find a cherished smile is to observe the minimum dietary restrictions, get rid of bad habits and, of course, do not forget to show yourself to your dentist. It is the doctor who will tell you the best and safest solution to the problem, carry out the necessary professional procedures and explain how to maintain the result.
Method number 2: activated carbon teeth whitening
Activated carbon is the second available and effective tool used to whiten teeth at home. Activated carbon is widely used for the adsorption of toxins and poisons (alkaloids, drugs, phenols, salts of heavy metals) and teeth whitening at home. Activated carbon has a double effect in the oral cavity.
- neutralizes existing toxins and putrefactive bacteria,
- as an abrasive, it removes the existing coating from enamel.
How to make teeth white with activated carbon tablets? To use the tablets, it is necessary to grind (crush or crush in a mortar) to a powder state. The resulting powder can be used separately or added to a paste. To clean the bristles, the brushes are dipped in water and then in coal powder. The yellow powder is brushed with yellow powder for two to three minutes.
Another option for cleaning the oral cavity and chewing surfaces is to chew two to three tablets of activated carbon.
How to whiten teeth at home
Purchased whitening products are not cheap, so it’s easier to turn to alternative methods. Some use sea salt, others use table salt, some take soda, while others use hydrogen peroxide, lemons, or other products.
The main thing: follow the rules of use, take into account the advantages and disadvantages. Clean at night so as not to eat dyed foods.
That's what, and activated carbon can definitely whiten your teeth at home and without any harm. This is due to the fact that coal is completely harmless and practically does not contain abrasive particlesthat can damage the enamel. Its action is due to the ability to absorb coloring matter.
Before use, the tablet is thoroughly kneaded, and then either applied to a wet brush, or mixed with a toothpaste.
Do not abuse traditional methods, the interval between procedures should be at least 5 days.There are other substances with which you can whiten tooth enamel, but their use is more dangerous, so they are not recommended for use.
This medicinal plant is often part of many wellness and cleansing products to care for all parts of the body. And the oral cavity is no exception. For the whitening effect, you can take both freshly squeezed aloe juice from a home plant and purchase a ready-made concentrate in a pharmacy. In any case, the whitening effect will be noticeable. You can use it with almost every brushing, without fear of damage to the enamel or mucous membrane.
To use the healing and cleansing properties of the plant, you need to add a few drops of its juice or concentrate to the brush during daily brushing. No special instructions, cautions or manipulations are required.
4. Teeth Whitening Activated Carbon
Activated carbon is an absorbent substance that can absorb and remove toxins from the body, both inside and outside.
In addition, activated carbon itself is not absorbed into the body. It is also an effective tool for whitening teeth, as binds plaque and microscopic particles that stain teeth and wash them. It absorbs unpleasant odors and acts as a disinfectant.
· Wet the toothbrush and dip it into powdered activated carbon. Brush your teeth as usual for 2 minutes, and then rinse your mouth thoroughly until the contents are clear.
· Add some water to activated charcoal to make a thick paste, dip a toothbrush into the paste and brush your teeth for 2 minutes. Rinse your mouth thoroughly. Repeat this procedure 2-3 times a week.
Remember: Activated carbon can stain crowns, protective pads and porcelain veneers. If your teeth become sensitive, stop using this tool.
Solid products contribute to the effective cleaning of plaque from the surface of the teeth. Such products primarily include carrots, apples, pears and other plant products with a dense, crisp consistency.
The inclusion of such fruits and vegetables in the daily diet is an effective prevention of tartar formation. If you eat solid foods after each meal, you can avoid the appearance of plaque, and, therefore, make your teeth brighter.
Using any methods of home teeth whitening involves the study of the instructions attached to the drug and strict adherence to its instructions. The abuse of such drugs can cause partial or complete destruction of enamel, the development of dental diseases in the future. To prevent negative consequences, a preliminary visit to the dentist is recommended.
How to whiten teeth with hydrogen peroxide
For peroxide bleaching, two methods are used that differ in the concentration of the solution. At an increased concentration, the enamel looks lighter, but only by 8 tones.
Important: it is worth considering that a 15% solution is a serious effect on enamel and a health hazard.
- Fill a third cup with water and dilute with 25 drops of 3% peroxide.
- Brush your teeth with your usual toothpaste, rinsing with water.
- Rinse with a solution, do not swallow.
- Finish the procedure by rinsing with warm water.
One procedure for 1.5 weeks. Do not use for those with sensitive or damaged gums and gastrointestinal diseases.
Soaked in a solution with a cotton swab or tampon, they rub each tooth 2-3 times on both sides without touching the gums. After the procedure, be sure to (!) Rinse your mouth using clean water.
Combine small sea salt with equal amounts of lemon juice, soak a brush in the mixture and brush out the teeth, this method copes with the goal in 3-5 procedures, also serves as an excellent antiseptic, but may cause discomfort and burning sensation in the mouth, if there are slight wounds, scratches, swelling.
The course is carried out once a month for a duration of 7-8 days.
It is surprising that even in the old days, when there was no tooth whitening paste, and especially dental procedures, people managed to keep their mouth in perfect order. Ancient Indians used natural ingredients to keep their teeth healthy, snow-white, and breathe clean and fresh. We will try to repeat their experience.
To do this, you need natural turmeric powder, coconut oil that we already mentioned, as well as peppermint oil. The first two ingredients are combined in equal amounts and a few drops of mint are added to them. Having mixed the ingredients well, we get a natural, and most importantly, effective toothpaste. You need to use it as usual on an ongoing basis.
Turmeric is considered a natural antibiotic, mint refreshes the oral cavity, and coconut oil helps to destroy harmful bacteria and lightens the enamel surface. As a result, you will get a lasting effect, healthy teeth, a snow-white smile and fresh breath based on natural products. Their composition is not able to harm the enamel or mucous membrane, therefore, it can be used without fear.
5. Teeth whitening with coconut oil
One of the easiest and best ways to whiten your teeth naturally is mouthwash. Rinsing your mouth with coconut oil is considered one of the most effective remedies. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which removes bacteria that cause yellow teeth.
Studies have shown that oil rinses can reduce the amount of plaque on the teeth and gingivitis.
· Put a spoonful of coconut oil in the oral cavity and rinse it between the teeth for 5 to 20 minutes.
· You can also add a few drops of coconut oil to your toothbrush and brush your teeth as usual.
· To whiten your teeth, you can use the corner of a clean terry cloth soaked in oil to rub it into your teeth.
Since oil rinsing is completely safe, you can do this procedure daily along with regular brushing.
Whitens activated carbon
With the use of coal, mechanical cleaning of the teeth and cleaning of the oral cavity are performed. The tablets are crushed to a powder, which brush your teeth 1 time per week, using a soft brush, or adding to the paste.
To achieve the result, clean for 2-3 minutes with gruel or dry powder. The added lemon juice will enhance the effect. Instead of cleaning, it is allowed to chew 2-3 tablets.
Apple cider vinegar is also able to whiten the enamel surface. But it, like other aggressive components, should not be used too often. Enough once a week to cleanse the oral cavity and remove plaque, so as not to destroy the structure of the enamel and thereby do irreparable damage to it.
- A simple rinse with apple cider vinegar can affect the tooth shade. Although the product tastes unpleasant, it is very effective. In this case, you can not swallow it. After the procedure, be sure to spit out the remaining liquid and treat the surface with clean, warm water.
- If you combine vinegar and baking soda, you can get an intense whitening paste. True, its effect will contribute to the rapid thinning of enamel in case of illiterate use. Vinegar and soda are mixed in such proportions that a paste is obtained. Apply it to the surface of the teeth and let it work for 5-10 minutes. Then the oral cavity is thoroughly cleaned of it, rinsing with water.You can then brush your teeth with a brush and toothpaste as usual.
At the slightest manifestations of increased sensitivity of enamel, such procedures should be discontinued. The tool, although effective, but dangerous in some cases. If you experience unpleasant sensations from the use of such aggressive components, then it is better to find a more gentle way of whitening.
Enamel whitening with fruit juices
Many fruits and berries contain organic acids. They belong to the class of weak acids, that is, they are not able to dissolve metals, but they cope quite well with organic pollutants, which darken the color of the teeth.
What fruits and berries can be used:
- sour apples.
Berries can be chopped in a blender, and the toothpaste obtained can be brushed. But you can make it even simpler: a handful of berries are chewed, the resulting slurry stays in the mouth for 10-15 minutes. After that, the oral cavity is rinsed. Do the same with apples.
Citrus "bleaches" are used by rubbing the tooth enamel with zest. You can use lemon juice with the addition of soda or other components, but this is unsafe, very unpleasant and even harmful.
6. Teeth whitening with tea tree oil
Tea tree oil restores and strengthens the gums, reduces the amount of plaque, prevents tooth decay, cleans the space between the teeth and tongue.
Regular use of tea tree oil will also help whiten teeth by 1-2 shades in a completely natural way.
· Brush your teeth in the usual way. After that, apply a few drops of tea tree oil on the toothbrush and brush your teeth again. Rinse your mouth with water.
Repeat this procedure 2-3 times a week, and in a month you will notice the difference.
Soda or sea salt
Baking soda, like sea salt, acts as an abrasive and as an antiseptic, so it’s enough 1 time in 7 days (salt - 3 times). Brush with a wet brush or cloth, dipping soda in white powder, some sprinkle on top of toothpaste on the brush. After necessarily rinse.
Rinse with soda solution are considered less injured for enamel. To do this, 1 teaspoon is taken on a glass of warm water. soda.
Method number 3: teeth whitening soda
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is also used to whiten teeth at home. The action of soda is manifested in the abrasion of plaque (the enamel is partially removed) and in the antiseptic treatment of the oral cavity. Therefore, with the constant use of soda products, enamel becomes thin and sensitive. Pain appears when the chewing surfaces come in contact with cold, hot, sweet, sour.
How to whiten teeth with soda? To clean, take soda on a wet toothbrush and rub it on the surface of the crown. After the teeth whitening procedure at home, the mouth must be rinsed with clean water to remove soda. If you overdo it, then there is bleeding of the gums, allergic redness and swelling inside the oral cavity.
More gentle are soda rinses. One teaspoon of soda is bred for them in a glass of warm water (30-36ºC). Soda solutions are also recommended as therapeutic procedures for various dental inflammations (gums, roots) or for the treatment of inflammation of the nasopharynx. Soda rinses (due to the low concentration of sodium bicarbonate) do not destroy the enamel and have a whitening effect.
Edible or cosmetic oil can be purchased in supermarkets or a pharmacy, as a result of using this product an antibacterial, wound healing effect will be provided, as well as fresh breath.
Recipe number 1
Keep a teaspoon of oil in your mouth until it melts and becomes liquid, rinse your teeth for 10 minutes, spit it out and rinse your mouth well with hot, boiled water to neutralize the remaining oil in the oral cavity.
Recipe number 2
Mix 5 grams coconut oil with 1 gram of soda and use instead of toothpaste in the morning and evening, then rinse well with water.
Recipe number 3
Melt a small amount of oil in a water bath, moisten it with a clean, soft piece of tissue and wipe each tooth individually.
It is safe to use these methods two to three times a week.
Tea tree oil
Recently, tea tree oil has become a very popular tool in home cosmetology. It has beneficial effects on hair, skin, and as it turned out on tooth enamel. In order to whiten it is used in various ways, but it is recommended to do this no more than twice a week.
- Dripping a little natural oil on a cotton pad, carefully wipe each tooth. After this, rinse them well with warm enough water. If you feel that the oil has not been completely removed, you can use vinegar or lemon juice, which will only enhance the whitening effect.
- After a normal daily brushing, you can add a few drops of oil to the brush and massage their surface further. Again, do not forget to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water, and also wash the brush to completely get rid of its residues.
- For daily use, a rinse based on tea tree oil will do. To do this, literally five drops are diluted in half a glass of water and, after cleaning, the oral cavity is treated. If you do the same before the cleansing procedure, it will be much easier to remove plaque and stone, as they will soften from its effects.
The negative moments from its use will not always be a pleasant smell after the procedure, slight numbness of the mucous membrane and difficulty washing out.
Tea tree oil recovery and refining
An antiseptic with an average level of whitening and with a gradual manifestation of the result after 18-20 days.
Rinses: 5 drops per 0.5 cups in warm water. Apply before and after brushing with toothpaste.
Cleaning: Oil is applied to the bristles of the brush after the usual cleaning.
Wipe with a cotton pad, dampened with oil. Rinse your mouth with a weak vinegar solution or with lemon juice.
Method number 4: tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic. His bleaching efficiency is average. Oil does not remove the surface layer of enamel, but gradually heals the oral cavity, restores microflora and removes plaque. Therefore, the effect of daily use of the oil will not be noticeable immediately, only after three to four weeks. A feature of this tool is that along with enamel bleaching, the oral cavity heals: bleeding of the gums disappears, and inflammation is cured. This is the healthiest way to clean your mouth and teeth.
Activated or charcoal
Despite its black color, activated carbon is used to whiten teeth. After all, it contains potassium hydroxide, and it is these crystals that are able to lighten enamel and qualitatively clean the tooth surface. For such purposes, any ash of natural origin is suitable - a burnt tree, a charred sandalwood stick, even black baked eggplant! For the whitening effect, the following recipes are used:
- Activated carbon, crushed into powder, is slightly diluted with warm water to a thick slurry state. After brushing your teeth in this way, you should rinse them or treat them additionally with a daily tool.
- And you can immediately sprinkle one crushed tablet directly on the toothpaste, which gathered to clean the oral cavity. Rinse the surface thoroughly after the procedure.
- When combining activated carbon with lemon juice, the whitening effect will only increase. They are also mixed to a consistency so that it can easily be applied to the teeth. Then rinse the oral cavity well.
This vegetable contains a large amount of pectin and ALS - biologically active compounds with a whitening effect.To use the pulp, the vegetable is pre-baked in the oven, you can also use the microwave. Then the product is crushed to a paste, and the resulting mass is applied to the enamel with a toothbrush. The exposure time is 10 minutes, after which the mouth is rinsed with warm water.
The advantage of this method is that it can be used for people with delicate gumswhen there is a tendency to increased bleeding. The number of whitening procedures is unlimited.
7. Teeth whitening strawberries
Strawberries contain folic acid, which helps cleanse and exfoliate your teeth. Thanks to this, the teeth look cleaner and whiter. Strawberries also contain vitamin C, which helps get rid of plaque, and malic acid, which slightly whitens teeth.
Mash strawberries and mix with a little baking soda to make a natural whitening paste.
· Cut the strawberries in half and use the halves to brush your teeth for 1 minute.
Mash 3 strawberries and add some sea salt. Remove excess saliva in your mouth with a paper towel and then apply a generous portion of the mixture over the entire surface of the teeth. Leave the mixture for 5 minutes and rinse your mouth. Repeat the procedure overnight.
Lemon juice whitening - 4 in 1 procedure: plaque cleavage, gum strengthening, breath freshening and whitening.
- To clean teeth with a lemon peel, soft part.
- 2-3 times a week, after brushing with toothpaste, rinse with a solution of three parts of lemon juice and part of finely ground salt.
- Chew fresh lemon with peel.
- Apply pure lemon juice to your teeth using a cotton swab. Then, after 5 minutes, rinsing the mouth is required.
- Lotions and applications from peeled fruit pulp for 5 minutes, then rinsing without brushing.
Method number 5: a tooth whitening pencil
Enamel bleaching pencil is the most affordable and easiest way to whiten. The pencil contains a urea peroxide gel. This substance emits free atomic oxygen under the light of an LED lamp. It penetrates the enamel and the binding yellow pigment. One application of gel from a pencil allows you to lighten the enamel for 6-10 tones.
Orange peel and bay leaf
These ingredients can be used individually, but more often their action is combined for an amazing whitening result. Orange peel can be replaced with tangerine. The crust cleans teeth well from plaque, and the bay leaf is able to soak into the surface, discoloring any speck.
Rub the inside of the peel of the orange into the enamel. Next, you should take a carefully chopped bay leaf and also treat it with a tooth surface. Wait five minutes and you can wash off the composition with enamel. It is enough to rinse your mouth with clean water.
8. Teeth whitening with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is also believed to help get rid of stains on teeth. Although you may not get instant results, apple cider vinegar is a natural method that will help restore teeth whiteness with regular use.
· Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 2 parts water. Rinse your mouth for 2 minutes. Repeat daily.
· Mix 1 part baking soda with 2 parts apple cider vinegar. Use this mixture to brush your teeth.
· Apply apple cider vinegar directly to your teeth, and rinse your mouth with water after a few minutes.
· Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar and 2 parts water and use this solution to rinse your mouth every morning.
Method number 6: whitening gel in mouthguards
An option for using a whitening gel may be mouth guards that are worn on top of the tooth overnight. Before donning, mouthguards are filled with gel. The longer the exposure time of the gel to the chewing surface, the better the whitening effect will manifest itself. We also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the whitening strips.
In addition to the whitening effect, basil has protective and anti-inflammatory properties. And after the procedure, a pleasant refreshing breath is found. Such a tool can be used for regular daily brushing, as it does not damage the enamel. On the contrary, the healing effect will favorably affect the condition of the teeth and gums.
To do this, just chop fresh mashed basil. Use it to brush your teeth. Another recipe is to mix dry basil leaves with mustard oil. This mixture will give a special shine to a smile.
9. Teeth whitening with a banana peel
Another homemade method for whitening your teeth is to use a banana peel. Bananas are rich in nutrients and minerals such as nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, manganese, sodium, iron and sulfur, which are also present in the peel.
The banana peel absorbs bacteria and germs from the teeth, thus whitening them.
- Take a ripe banana and rub your teeth with the inside of the peel for 2 minutes. Then rinse your mouth with water. Repeat twice daily.
To help apple cider vinegar
This spice has a mild taste and aroma, whitens teeth and destroys bacteria. The whitening property is confirmed by medicine.
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 tsp. and boiled water - 0.5 cups for rinsing. Do not swallow. After - rinse with clean water and the usual brushing.
- 0.5 tsp each vinegar and water for cleaning with a brush, do not take paste. Do not forget to rinse your mouth.
It is better to use apple cider vinegar, it is less concentrated and in this case it will be much safer than usual, but the frequency of the procedure should not exceed 3 times every 10 days.
Rinse the mouth with vinegar in its pure form, after brushing your teeth with paste and rinse the remaining vinegar well with water.
Method number 7: whitening toothpastes
The composition of the whitening paste has a multidirectional effect on the enamel:
- dissolve existing plaque,
- inhibit the mineralization of already formed plaque,
- does not allow the formation of a new plaque.
In order not to decide how to make your teeth white, you must adhere to the daily rules for caring for the oral cavity (brush your teeth twice a day using a brush of medium hardness, and rinse after eating with saline). In addition, it is important to know the factors that cause yellowing of enamel:
- excessive addiction to coloring products (coffee, tea, chocolate, blueberries, beets, tomatoes, mustard, products with synthetic dyes),
- tetracycline antibiotics,
Adhering to the simple rules of healthy eating, you can save not only teeth, their color, but also their own health
Do you like the article? Subscribe to the channel to keep abreast of the most interesting materials
Unlike pastes, such a gel does not brush your teeth. To whiten the enamel, a gel is applied to it and a certain period is maintained. The exact exposure time must be found in the instructions - each manufacturer has a different time.
For ease of use, the gel is most often sold complete with special mouth guards, which are special “containers” for the teeth. During their operation, the clarifying gel is placed directly in the mouthpiece, and already it is worn on the teeth. With the help of a cap, it is very convenient to whiten your teeth at home without a dentist.
10. Strips for teeth whitening
Teeth whitening strips are one of the popular and inexpensive means that help to find a snow-white smile.
Strip manufacturers claim that the effect will be noticeable already on the 3rd day of using the strips. However, on average, results can be seen after about a week of use, which also depends on the level of yellowness of the teeth. The whitening effect can last from 6 months to a year after a full course.
Whitening strips are very easy to use.Typically, a kit consists of two strips, one of which is placed on top and the other on the bottom. They can be worn while you are doing household or other things.
Blot your teeth with a tissue to remove excess saliva.
· Place the strips so that they do not touch the gums.
· Press the strips to the teeth and leave a maximum for an hour (depending on what is said in the instructions).
Remember that long use of the strips can damage the gums and damage the tooth enamel.
Yellow seasoning in the form of powder is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. For tooth enamel, turmeric is harmless and effective for removing plaque.
It is used as a rinse (for 0.5 cups take 0.5 tsp of turmeric) and as a cleaning paste (water is added to the powder). In both cases, after the procedure, the mouth is 1-3 minutes. rinse with water, and then clean, taking the usual paste.
Teeth whitening without harm
Many tooth whitening chemicals can damage teeth by removing tooth enamel.
The constant use of whitening strips can eventually cause erosion of the enamel and make the teeth sensitive., especially when consuming hot, cold and sour foods.
Although dentists believe that many products are safe, those that contain a lot of acid increase the risk of tooth decay with frequent use.
These funds are needed use sparingly, ideally after you try home remedies.
Remember that the best way to whiten your teeth is to eat right, quit smoking, brush your teeth and gums regularly, and limit your coffee, tea, and sugary foods.
How to whiten teeth at home quickly, without harm to teeth
There are express methods with which you can quickly and whitely achieve snow-white teeth, they are safe only if they are not abused, otherwise you can spoil the tooth enamel very significantly and develop a number of complications and diseases of the oral cavity.
Proven fact - any solid products are capable of cleaning plaque from teeth. If you eat nuts, apples, pears, carrots and other crisp vegetables and fruits daily, you can expect a constant whitening effect.
In this case, plaque is removed and tartar is partially cleared. Although this is not a special procedure, the use of solid products actively affects the shade and purity of enamel.
Video: how to whiten teeth at home? Check life hacks.
Tooth whitening pencil
A convenient form of application of the same whitening gel. The product is applied to the enamel surface using a special device resembling a pencil. The main advantage of the method is that it allows you to more accurately control the process of applying the gel.
All special teeth whitening products were developed by serious companies. The research took into account many nuances: the state of enamel in people of different ages, ethnic groups and others. The safety of their use was also evaluated, which suggests that with the help of these products it is possible to whiten teeth at home without harm to enamel.
What is the best way to whiten teeth at home? To summarize
Home remedies for the purpose of brightening the shade of enamel are good because they are publicly available. Their price is not higher than several tens of rubles and most of the ingredients are always in the refrigerator or in the medicine cabinet. To decide which is the best way to whiten at home, you need to decide what criteria it should meet. We highlight such important points:
- the effectiveness of the tool
- safety for enamel,
- ease of use.
If you review each of the described recipes according to these criteria, you can choose the best one.
The effectiveness of those ingredients that are composed of potent components.These are lemon juice, hydrogen peroxide, coconut oil and vinegar. They have an active whitening effect, which is visible immediately after the procedure. But most of them still have a negative effect on enamel.
If we consider safe methods for the health of teeth and oral cavity, then we will attribute to them such ingredients that you can safely use every day. These are peel of banana or orange, turmeric, aloe vera, basil leaves and solid foods. Both coconut oil and activated carbon are considered relatively safe, although they are not recommended to be used every day.
But in terms of ease of use and accessibility, all means are equally good. But the lightest will be just those that are enough to take for rinsing or add to toothpaste during daily brushing. These are aloe vera, coconut oil, lemon juice, tea tree oil, activated carbon, banana peel, vinegar, soda, simple salt, as well as solid foods.
Having reviewed all the methods, coconut milk is especially distinguished. It is safe for the oral cavity, it is easy to apply and the whitening effect is quite noticeable, especially if you use it on an ongoing basis. Although all other options also have a right to exist. Which one is best suited to your needs - try to try each of them.
Laser Teeth Whitening
Before making a decision on teeth whitening at home, it is worth familiarizing yourself with the methods that aesthetic dentistry offers:
- Mechanical whitening is the effect on the surface of the teeth with abrasives that simply remove dark enamel.
- Ultrasonic brushing - exposure to enamel with high-frequency sound waves. In the form of a bonus, the patient also receives enamel polishing.
- Laser whitening. During this procedure, a photopolymer material is applied to the teeth, in which, when it is irradiated with a laser, active oxygen is formed, effectively “corroding” tartar and plaque, which helps brighten the enamel.
- Chemical lightening is the most common way. The bottom line is exposure to the enamel with chemical agents. Here, the aforementioned hydrogen peroxide or urea, urea and chloride compounds are used.
Calling a professional dentist costs money, but with this choice, the risk of damaging the enamel is significantly reduced. Moreover, in comparison with home methods of teeth whitening, professional methods allow you to achieve results in fewer procedures and lighten enamel to a greater number of tones. Remember: healthy teeth are not always white, and the whiteness of teeth does not indicate their health!
Perhaps the most effective recipe for home whitening, based on the preparation of pasta with your own hands.
To do this, mix turmeric in equal amounts in powder form with coconut oil, and add 2-3 drops of essential peppermint oil, mix until smooth, use as a regular paste on an ongoing basis or alternating with classic pastes.
Special whitening products
In stores and pharmacies, special products for self-bleaching of teeth with a strong and long-term effect are sold. These are not cheap, but affordable means:
- whitening pencils
- regular gel
- gel in the mouths
- light strips
Before use, a mandatory study of the instructions and consultation with the dentist.
Lemon + Soda
The combination of these two ingredients gives the longest and most powerful effect. When lemon juice and soda are combined, a chemical reaction will occur, and the mixture will begin to foam, after the reaction is complete, stir the mixture to a paste consistency.Before the procedure, you need to wet your teeth with a dry, paper towel, apply the paste itself, carefully rubbing into each tooth, the cleaning process itself should last at least five minutes, rinse your mouth with cool water at the end. Use 1 time in 7-10 days.
Possible harm to such products
There are some risks of teeth whitening at home:
- strong enamel thinning and possible chipping,
- a damaged surface darkens sooner
- the bleaching is spotty,
- chemical gum burn.
This must be taken into account in the decision-making process than to whiten teeth - folk or purchased means.
Do it yourself pasta
Mix 60 grams of pharmacy white clay with purified water to a paste, pour 5 milliliters of honey, 8-10 drops of propolis and two drops of chamomile oil and sage oil. It can be used on an ongoing basis, stored in an opaque container for no more than a month after preparation.
In addition to an excellent whitening effect, this paste will give a healing, anti-inflammatory effect, a great find for people with increased sensitivity of teeth and bleeding gums.
Tooth browning prevention
When using foods with dyes, it is worth rinsing your mouth, and it is better to clean with paste.
Use a straw for drinking colored drinks.
Checked annually by your dentist.
Morning and evening brushing.
By the way, cold shades of lipstick and gloss visually make your teeth whiter.
What to do to make your teeth white
General rules and recommendations that will help you achieve and maintain a snow-white smile and oral health:
- Hygiene: clean teeth twice a day, with a duration of 2-4 minutes,
Important! Do not forget to clean your tongue, because it is also the source and carrier of a huge number of bacteria that can affect the gums and destroy teeth!
As you can see, there are many effective and budgetary ways to give your teeth a second life, make them attractive, healthy and strong. Stop looking for excuses and put off the dream of a Hollywood smile for tomorrow, act today!